I am absolutely addicted to Pinterest, and I love the look of the weddings I see on there. I am getting married in the summer, and I am getting some beautiful custom posters printed up for our reception with phrases and pictures that mean a lot to us. I wanted to make sure that the posters were a good quality because I want to frame some to use in our home afterwards. The local printer has done a great job, and I am so excited about our wedding. This blog has some tips on getting beautiful wedding decorations printed at a local printer.
Printing has become a very important tool in communication. Brands use printing to communicate their ideas and create awareness of their products and services in order to get and retain customers. Printers are specialized in converting ideas and messages into print on various media such as paper, cloth, plastics and ceramics. There are a number of ways in which brands can have their material printed. Here we look at the printing methods used by professionals.
1. Digital Printing—This is a form of printing that uses a digital-based image that is printed using an inkjet or laser printer. This method is ideal for small on-demand printing, photo printing and advertising using banners and signage. It is also ideal for printing of variable data for presentations. Unlike other printing methods, digital printing forms a layer of ink on the surface of the printed material.
2. Offset Printing—This is one of the most widely used methods. In this form of printing, an inked image on a plate is transferred to a rubber blanket that is used to apply ink onto the printing surface. This method is very popular and is used to print multiple copies, such as with newspapers, magazines, books and so forth.
3. Screen Printing—This printing technique involves forcing ink through a stencilled screen and onto the printing surface. The method is most commonly used to print on t-shirts as well as other non-flat surfaces such as mugs, key rings and tiles. This method is also known as silk screening.
4. Rotogravure Printing—This is a high-quality printing method where the image to be printed has small depressions that are filled with ink and then etched onto a copper plate that is then pressed onto the paper being printed. This method is quite expensive and is commonly used for printing magazines, catalogues and postage stamps in large volumes.
5. Emboss Printing—This method of printing involves applying a raised image on a piece of paper, giving a 3D effect. This method is commonly used for document authentication and stamps and can also be used on business cards and wedding cards.
The choice of method of printing depends on a number of factors, key among them the cost of the printing method, the number of printouts and the quality of print required. It is important to understand the various methods and the needs being addressed by the method selected so you can pick the method that is best for you.